Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default sources sought for wire tension support systems

On Jun 6, 9:22*pm, The Night Tripper wrote:
Hi All
* * I have a little project in mind - making some small wooden shelves for
part of the kitchen. One side of these will have to be 'suspended', and I am
wondering about using some form of wire tensioning system to support them..

I've googled a bit and come across:

* *http://www.tecni-cable.co.uk/

which looks promising - but are there any other places I would benefit from
checking out as well, as a beginner to this stuff who only wants a small
amount of the wire and fittings etc.? I know they are used for lighting
systems, for a start.

The shelves will only be about 400mm long by 150mm wide. They will be
suspended in an alcove and I would guess tensioned wire of 2-3mm would be
plenty, if I can get the arrangement right.

Thanks for any pointers

* * * * jon N

Suspended cielings are suspended on wire systems. They have little
hooks and eyes and wire etc.