Posted to uk.d-i-y
mark mark is offline

Default Render- what am I doing wrong?

"Corporal Jones" wrote in message
2 weeks ago I scratch coated a brick boundary wall, 2 x 5 mtr, 1 to 4 mix
(50 year old render fell off) no problems with it apart from an aching
back.
Today got on with the final coat, 1 to 5 mix, applied around 6 m2 and went
in to get a drink, came outside again and saw that about 3/4 had fallen of
the wall so went back in for a stronger drink to ponder the situation.
Any ideas? I scratched the first coat so did not use PVA and hosed down
the wall, I am wondering if I counted the wrong mix of cement as I was
distracted at the time (no not with a busty girl walking by but the swmbo,
mind you she is not short in that department but that is sadly a distant
memory)

--
Corporal Jones
"Don't panic don't panic"

What I do is get a bucket of water and a large paint brush and flick water
on to the area to be rendered. This stops the wall being thirsty and sucking
the moisture out of the new render.

mark