Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Now Which Miter gauge??

On 6/6/2011 11:59 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 6/6/11 11:23 PM, Leon wrote:
Back in Ohio, I had two neighbors. One would bend over backwards to help
you.... salt of the earth types.
The other had a dog that barked all night. One day, I couldn't take it
anymore and went over to talk to them about it. They said, "Well, a dog
is gonna bark at deer and another animals. They're just being dogs." I
said, "That's true, but how about if you take him in for the night."
Their reply (not making this up), "If we take him in, he'll keep us up
all night, barking to be let out."

The dogs owner, the wife, told me yesterday that the problem dog was
gone. I told her that if the other dog keeps me from going to sleep that
I would see to it that they would not get any sleep either.

I am not trying to be an ass but as you said some people are stupid.

Oddly they try to explain the whys. I explained the results.

No better than these idiots with mufflers that make the car louder than
if it had no muffler. Or... I may catch some flack for this.... Harley
riders. The only purpose of these cars and motorcycles is for the
drivers to wave a big flag in the air saying, "look at me, look at me!!"

I'm sorry, but if you drive one of these cars or ride one of those bikes,
you're an inconsiderate jerk. If you do so at night or worse, in
the early morning hours, you're just a complete moron and a first class
douche nozzle.

Actually if you were a motorcycle rider and or more specifically a
Harley rider you would feel safer on a Harley than the typical Jap bile.
I have had 2 Yamahas and a Harley. The Harely was the second bike. I
did not ride the Harley for the sole purpose of boosting my testosterone.

Until you have ridden both bikes in heavy traffic you may not understand
the advantage the rider has riding a louder bike. I got bumped in to
when stopped at stop lights and had more close calls from not being
seen on the freeway on the quieter bikes than the Harley. The louder
sound from the bike is a defensive feature that naturally comes with the
bike. The other motorists may not see you but they certainly can hear you.

Having said that most of the "loud" Harleys are simply running open
pipes with not restriction or mufflers. Now those are irritating, the
Harley is loud enough with mufflers.