Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Wells Fargo's online banking sucks

On Mon, 06 Jun 2011 21:09:49 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

On Mon, 06 Jun 2011 20:40:55 -0500, "
wrote:

On Mon, 06 Jun 2011 19:56:58 -0400, Kurt Ullman wrote:

In article ,
" wrote:

Again, I don't see this being the worst thing that could happen.

Never said it was the worst that could happen and you noted some
times where it might be good idea. Just don't like the banks pushing it
on everyone as a good idea as they have recently with some friends.

It's far better than sitting with a high-rate mortgage because you can't
afford the closing costs. After than, it's up to each individual to calculate
which offer is best for them.

Sometimes you have to coddle the banks along.
I called BOA for instructions on a 10 g principal payment.
The lady told me to write "Apply to Principal Only" in the memo
section of the check. That went fine.

They read the check?

About a year later I did the exact same thing with about 3 g's, can't
remember the exact amount.
So I notice I don't get my monthly bill, and call them.
They had applied it to monthly payments far in advance.
Crazy, but good for them.

Sure.

I had them straighten that out, and retroactively too.

My wife pays the mortgage at the bank and makes sure it goes where it's
supposed to. She works there. ;-)