Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Harbor Freight Rotary Tool

On Mon, 06 Jun 2011 17:24:09 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

On Mon, 6 Jun 2011 13:15:31 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Of course, for $6.99 you'd get a bunch of "accessories" for your
Dremel.

There's gotta be more than $6.99 worth of bits, cut-off wheels,
collets, mandrels, etc. if you had to buy them separately.

Exactly.
I almost bit just for the attachments for my Dremels, but shied away
because of shipping costs and because I just don't need them NOW.
Next time I see it on sale I'll drive the 20 minutes to pick it up
at the local HF, and get some of their other throwaway garbage.
I've been there once, and it's a cheap tool mecca.
My kid is a professional suspension mech, and has Snap-on,
Matco, etc, but still buys some tools there.
Stuff like prybars and wrenches he cuts down.
He laughed at the Snap-on guy who wanted about a hundred bucks for a
30" prybay.

I like cheap prybars. Either they work, or if not, nothing compares
to the feeling of having bent steel with my bare hands.

You might even make do with their cheap cold chisel sets if
you torch the cutting edges and quench and temper them properly.
But I have $150 in Sears giftcards, so I'll use that for the most used
hand tools. I lost my old simple slip-joint Craftsman pliers and miss
them badly. Good teeth, good grips.
Looks like somebody took most of my visegrips too.

Visegrips, definiteky better than the cheap imitations.

--Vic