Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Harbor Freight Rotary Tool

On Mon, 06 Jun 2011 18:07:11 -0400, mm
wrote:

On Mon, 6 Jun 2011 13:18:30 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

" I have never used a real Dremel..."

You should try one. I'm sure you'd be quite surprised at the
difference between the HF Rotary Tool and a real Dremel.

It's hard to say. First I'd have to find a need to use one. Then I'd
have to find one to borrow. I can't buy every tool that is useful.
I don't have the money. I don't even have the space anymore.

You might never need a Dremel, or know you need it.
Best use I've found is the cutoff wheel on the flex extension to get
in tight spots where it's hard to get a hacksaw in.
Got the Dremel as a gift. Always wanted one, so I dropped hints.
When I realized I had it, I put it to use.
But I've only used it a few times.
My son uses his much more doing automotive work, and had gone through
most of his accessories and mine.
I managed fine without it.

--Vic