Posted to alt.home.repair

Default kitchen-sink's splashboard is a window. How to protect fromwater, etc?

On Jun 3, 1:24*am, (David Combs) wrote:
Some time ago I asked a similar question, but none of the
suggestions were acceptable to, uh, "she who must be obeyed".

And I forgot to say that the existing splashboard wasn't
just wood, but an actual window, with the usual wood frame,
molding (sp?), pane-separators, etc.

Right now it's painted in an off-white or eggshell
color, via an acryllic paint.

Which is of course getting destroyed, by the usual
water, detergent, etc.

---

So, here's the question: what kind of paint can we use
to be more waterproof than ordinary indoor paint?

Does your situation look anything like this:

http://www.adi.com/~hamilton/house/insidepix/kitW.jpg

That's my kitchen. It's just got ordinary paint. Oil-based,
I think. Looks fine. Cleans up easily. No destruction. It
was painted before I moved in 11 years ago.

What's your wife doing to it?

Cindy Hamilton