Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Champ[_2_] Andy Champ[_2_] is offline

Default Odd label on Boiler

On 05/06/2011 19:25, ARWadsworth wrote:

Years ago when I worked for GPT, they produced a piece of equipment
which had green light to indicate all was OK, a thumbs-up sign shape.
Anyway, it turns out that in some European country, thumbs-up means
f**k-you.

Apparently thumbing a lift in Greece can be hazardous. Though from what
I hear of their driving it may not be the sign that's the problem

I have never heard that one! I am used to the Europeans not knowing the V
sign.

And that one supposedly comes from the French treatment for English
archers - cut off two of their fingers and they can't shoot any more.

Andy