Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Good quality screw drivers that don't smell?

bob wrote:

Do you have Craftsman tools or Xcelite tools? Xcelite is not a type
of plastic, it's a brand name. While Xcelite screwdriver handles do
not have any inherent odor, that I recall, some of their containers
definitely did. Casein plastic is often made from organic proteins
and often stinks like sour milk. Xcelite interchangeable
screw/nut/allen driver sets used to come in casein plastic boxes.
Ooo-eee! Definitely stinky.

I guess I confused xcelite as the name of the plastic.

However, if you search "xcelite puke" you'd find that you're lucky your
xcetite tools don't smell.

Hmmm,
In my working days my tool box was Xcelite brand which contained 3G
worth of stuffs. Old Craftsman made by Singer was real tool.