Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob[_4_] notbob[_4_] is offline

Default Good quality screw drivers that don't smell?

On 2011-06-05, bob wrote:

However, if you search "xcelite puke" you'd find that you're lucky your
xcetite tools don't smell.

It's not the driver handles, it's the case they came in. And this was
only one type of case. It was the single handle w/ changable drivers
in a 2 part top/bottom case, the bottom being black plastic and the
top being tranparent casein plastic. The top came off and the black
bottom held the handle/drivers vertically. These were later replaced
with clamshell style cases made of polystyrene (I think). The casein
cased drivers stank cuz they were in the case all the time. Removing
the drivers from the case would allow the smell to eventually fade
from the handles.

Looking at their catalog, I see none of these driver sets offered in
the older casein plastic set boxes. I guess customers made a big
enough stink (pun intended) to get them changed.

I never thought of it as a puke smell, jes a sour milk smell, as milk
is often the protein used to make casein plastic. It's rare to even run
across casein plastic, anymore, but you'll know it when you do!

nb

--
vi ...the root of evil