Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Good quality screw drivers that don't smell?

On Jun 5, 8:17*am, "Roy Mottola" wrote:
"bob" wrote in message

I have some craftsman screwdrivers and if I put them in a closed box the
whole box will have a stench next time I open it. Apparently, the xcelite
handles emits the odor.

Is there a way to permenantly clean off this odor?

For future reference, what brand of screwdrivers are of decent quality and
don't have smelly handles?

**Some years ago I got a toobox and a pile of cheap tools for my wife to use
around the house. Every time I open the box, it smells like someone puked in
it.

The best screwdrivers I've ever used are made by a company called Westward,
and sold by Grainger. The handles are a gray rough plastic in a sort of oval
shape. You can get a really good grip on them, even with sweaty or greasy
hands, plus they don't smell

I have smelled new craftsman screwdrivers like OP has. Use them more
and leave toolbox open when not in use so smell can go away

craftman screwdrivers now RUST EASILY, no doubt a way to save money

Sears sold off the craftsman tool line to raise money, the co combined
sears k mart company is in serious danger of going out of business, or
so said a news report recently.

I avoid sears !

Their aggressive selling of credit cards, and making me wait while the
cashier processes their application ticked me off.

my turn in line, I had waited 15 minutes for others to get cards.just
3 people had been ahead of me

So I said call a manager, I asked the manager are you a retailer or a
credit card supplier?

sir were trying to provide a service to our customers.

me i waited all this time unnecessarily, you need more staff if your
going to do the card thing.

heres my merchandise you can put it back i dont want it, 500 buck sale
gone, oh and incidently my next stop in your store was for a washer
and dryer, i am headed for home depot........ i am done shopping at
sears.

apparently seras has ticked off many of its customers, sales are
reported poor

I havent bought anything there for years, except swap out some
craftsman tools, and the newer craftsman tool quality has gone down a

I think sears will be joing montgomery ward and WT Grant soon in the
dust bin of retail history