Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Mottola Roy Mottola is offline

Default Good quality screw drivers that don't smell?

"bob" wrote in message
I have some craftsman screwdrivers and if I put them in a closed box the
whole box will have a stench next time I open it. Apparently, the xcelite
handles emits the odor.

Is there a way to permenantly clean off this odor?

For future reference, what brand of screwdrivers are of decent quality and
don't have smelly handles?

**Some years ago I got a toobox and a pile of cheap tools for my wife to use
around the house. Every time I open the box, it smells like someone puked in
it.

The best screwdrivers I've ever used are made by a company called Westward,
and sold by Grainger. The handles are a gray rough plastic in a sort of oval
shape. You can get a really good grip on them, even with sweaty or greasy
hands, plus they don't smell