Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Painting Question

On Jun 5, 7:49*am, aemeijers wrote:
On 6/5/2011 7:00 AM, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

Smitty *wrote:

In ,
*wrote:

*wrote in message

-snip-
Question: *to give me the best chance of blending it in well, should I use

-snip-

0% chance of it "blending"in...Paint the whole ceiling...

0%? It's off white. It's a ceiling. It's a kitchen ceiling. OP should
slap some paint on there with whatever kind of brush or roller he has
lying around and forget about it. Y'all talk like he's trying to restore
a damn Monet mural.

I second Benick's post. * *The OP asked what the chances were of
'blending it in'. * It ain't gonna happen. * *It will look like a
patch. * *It adds damn little to the job to paint the whole ceiling
and be done with it.

OTOH- in my house-- I might go with Smitty's method. * Then 10 years
from now, when I look up one day, I'll think-- 'What idiot just
patched that paint job?' * *Then I'd make a big fuss about painting
the whole ceiling.

Jim

If it is a kitchen that is actually used for real cooking (unlike mine),
there will be considerable extra work to paint the whole thing, because
you have to degrease/clean it first, to have any hope of the paint
sticking. In my (admittedly limited) experience, at least. Not like
other rooms where all you have to do is brush off the cobwebs, and maybe
clean the touch points around light switches and door frames and such.

--
aem sends...- Hide quoted text -

every paint job should begin by scrubing everything well.

otherwise the dirt present is entombed in paint and the finished job
doesnt look as good

painting is 90% prep work.

plus it forces you to empty the room and clean everything, its amazing
how dirty a home can get