Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Good quality screw drivers that don't smell?

"bob" wrote:

I have some craftsman screwdrivers and if I put them in a closed box the
whole box will have a stench next time I open it. Apparently, the xcelite
handles emits the odor.

Is there a way to permenantly clean off this odor?

Time. My Craftsman drivers don't smell- They are about 40 years old.

For future reference, what brand of screwdrivers are of decent quality and
don't have smelly handles?

http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/pag...411,43417&ap=1

And when you aren't working with them you can just gaze at the
Rosewood and rub them.g

I'm guessing they make lousy chisels- and I'd hesitate before I opened
a can of paint with them.

Jim