Posted to uk.d-i-y
Newshound Newshound is offline

Default copper nails

"Gordon Henderson" wrote in message
In article ,
Frank Erskine wrote:
On Fri, 3 Jun 2011 23:20:18 +0100, "newshound"
wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me where to buy some?

Next door neighbour chain sawed a couple of trees down and the root of
one
of them has grown under my garden path and is stopping me from opening
my
back gate.

I suppose my next question will be, where can I hire an adze to hack
off
the top of the root,

All together now, what's our favourite tool?

Not the angle grinder for this one... Isn't there a Darwin award for
someone who tried to cut a tree down with one?

I didn't mean with a grinding disk; a coarse sanding disk gets through green
wood pretty fast, and one of those "chainsaw disks" is even faster.

Actually the other thing that's very good for removing roots when
accessibility is limited (e.g. around drains) is a wide wood chisel bit in
an SDS drill.