Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Villa Bob Villa is offline

Default Goldstar Window AC Problem

On Jun 4, 8:49*am, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"Bob Villa" wrote in message

This a cheap 5K BTU. The fan will stop and the compressor will cut-out
after from over-heating.
It's a dual-purpose fan for condenser/expansion coil dissipation.
Anyone else have a similar problem...before I take it apart?
Thanks!
bob

Fairly common problem on window AC units. *Replace the fan motor, but check
the cost first. *It may not be worth the trouble compared to a new unit.. *If
you can't DIY, it is definitely cheaper to buy a new unit.

I was thinking it may be a poor connection on the CB. (heated or
cracked solder)