Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default copper nails

In article , Peter
Crosland writes
"Dave" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me where to buy some?

Next door neighbour chain sawed a couple of trees down and the root of one
of them has grown under my garden path and is stopping me from opening my
back gate.

I suppose my next question will be, where can I hire an adze to hack off
the top of the root, until I can kill the tree.

Just remember that you could end up being charged with criminal damage. if
you do kill the tree. You are entitled to cut the root back to your boundary
assuming it does not have a preservation order on it but you have to give
the wood back to the owner. It might sound obvious but have you asked your
neighbour to remove the offending part of the tree?

Criminal damage to a stump?
--
fred