Posted to alt.home.repair
The Ghost in The Machine The Ghost in The Machine is offline

Default kitchen-sink's splashboard is a window. How to protect fromwater, etc?

On Jun 3, 5:00*pm, Vic Smith wrote:
On Fri, 3 Jun 2011 13:02:22 -0700 (PDT), JIMMIE

wrote:
On Jun 3, 2:57*pm, (David Combs) wrote:
In article ,

Of course, a cute little planter would block some of the splashing and
possibly benefit from added moisture....how in the world does wife get
so much onto the window?

Well, I do a lot of the dishes, and use the squirt hose, which reflects
off to the back.

David

Dont use the hose. I took mine iut and put in something
useful....liquid hand soap dipenser..

Good idea.
If you splash water all over even a backsplash won't help.
What I'd do is just keep the water off the window.
And how I'd do that is with a portable backsplash kept under the sink
or off to the side, depending on how presentable you make it.
Could be s strip of plexiglas or a plastic cutting board, etc.
Glue some weather stripping or sponge on the bottom edge, and stick it
upright behind the faucets when you figure you'll be splashing water
on the window. *Nice project, and an easy one.

--Vic

THERE IS A PLASTIC HIPPY POSTER LIKE THING THAT READS "THIS IS THE
PITS" IN THE KITCHEN OF THIS COUPLE I HAUNT I GUESS IT HELPS A
LITTLE.
BOOWAHAHAHAHA....YOU COULD GET A SIMILAR PIECE OF PLASTIC ARTWORK FOR
YOUR KITCHEN.
OR SELL AND, WELL YOU KNOW ;-)

TGITM