Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick Odell Nick Odell is offline

Default Number of bedrooms with ensuites

On Fri, 3 Jun 2011 01:10:20 +0100, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:

If you had a 3 bed house with no ensuites and were going to build an
extension to make it a 5 bed house how many ensuites would consider
the minimum?

Assuming it's to be extended for maximum future saleability/value I'd
say at last two full en-suites, one family bathroom, and one separate
loo ...

But what do I know?

Enough:-)

I asked for opinions. You are on my Dad's side.

Your suggestion is what he would end up with. Although he is also
considering making the downstairs WC a shower room.

The idea is to extend now (whilst he can still DIY), live there until they
are too old to look after the place and property prices have risen and then
sell up and move to their apartment on the coast.

Meantime, I'm sitting here thinking up the Whitehall Farce version.

Four bedrooms, each with a door directly into the same bathroom. Four
couples: each couple believing they have their own, private, en-suite
bathroom.

Two hours of side-splitting hilarity in the theatre as people come and
go, in and out of the same bathroom through different doors; always
arriving just as someone else leaves through another door; puzzling
over the changed colour of the towels, or the different title of the
book by the loo; close shaves for all as the man in the bubble-bath is
ignored by three different women who aren't his wife and three
different men make amusing mistakes about the identity of the wrong
woman in the shower.

Instead of building an extension, why not persuade your dad to write
this script, put the play on in the West End and retire in luxury to
his apartment on the coast while living on the proceeds?

Nick