Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Mark is offline

Default OT - cheap printer scanner copier

Derek G. wrote:

On Wed, 1 Jun 2011 13:42:27 -0700 (PDT), nafuk
wrote:

Check out the Kodak range of printers. Good quality and very cheap
replacement cartridges. Argos sell them quite competitivley

My 7200 gobbles black cartridges like there's no tomorrow. Admittedly
my daughter uses it for preparing lesson material for 30 kids but the
fact that black cartridges come in 2 sizes (Jumbo & Dinky) is a clue.

The Jumbo cartridges are 70% bigger but not significantly cheaper.

It seems the black cartridge needs to be at least 5X bigger.

Since the ink is pigment based I'm not exactly sure how I'd go about
re-filling a cartridge at home. :-(

Derek G

Buy some pigment based ink ?

Oh Kodak printer, they are not refillable as you can reset the cart,
should have bought a older used Canon MP610, Ip4500,
inkjet printers are a complete wast of money unless you are capable of a
little diy and dont mind refilling.

-