Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Bugs

wrote in message
m...
On 6/2/2011 12:30 PM, Steve B wrote:
wrote in message
Steve B wrote:
Last evening, I was bitten again by something. I was bitten about a
month ago on my arm, and had a round swelling mound at least two
inches in diameter. Red and warm to the touch. Several points in
the middle that oozed a clear liquid for a week, then scabbed over,
then healed. It left a scar. I got overall body cramping.

Try Googling "Lyme Disease" and look at some of the images on the links
that come up such as this one --
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyme_disease -- and see if the wound marks
look similar to what you had.

Doesn't look like that. I get these in series, as the same bug or more

than
one will bite at once. I have two on my ear, and two on my leg. Here

is a
photo of my leg. The round blob is the clear fluid oozing as a blister
until I pop it.

WARNING - THE PHOTO IS GRAPHIC! IF YOU ARE SQUEAMISH, DO NOT CLICK ON

THE
FOLLOWING LINK!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deserttraveler/

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
www.cabgbypasssurgery.com
Heart Surgery Survival Guide

Since you have had heart surgery, you are a pretty good candidate for
circulatory problems in your leg...that bite is nasty looking enough for
a visit to the doc. I don't know what bugs, other than spiders, cause
tissue destruction, but that would be my concern (ahead of id'ing the
bug). The blistering is quite bothersome.

Yes, it's time for us to stop playing Usenet, MD and for Steve to have that
looked at. What's that Monty Python routine about the mosquito bite? "What
do you mean it's just a mosquito bite, his whole LEG is missing!" That can
happen in a very short time with MRSA.

--
Bobby G.