Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag[_4_] Snag[_4_] is offline

Default Markets fall as GOP blocks Debt Ceiling Bill

Ed Huntress wrote:
"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
On Thu, 2 Jun 2011 07:12:09 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"ATP" wrote in message

"Wes" wrote in message
Hawke wrote:

Last night the republicans defeated a "clean" bill to raise the
debt ceiling. Today the stock market took a 250 point drop. Last
time the republicans failed to act on a similar bill the market
dropped 500 points before they changed their minds and passed
the bill.

40% of the democrats voted with the republicans. What's wrong
with that.
That shows a
bit of bipartisanism.

Wes
--

More likely it is politically expedient for them, they know it
will be used against them in the next election if they vote to

That's what it was all about. The Republicans are trying to force a
vote in
favor of Ryan's plan by way of budget posturing, just like the
Democrats did
with the forced vote for the plan itself.

It's pure gamesmanship on both sides.

AND, unfortunately, both parties find gamesmanship more important
than working together to solve a crisis sized problem.

Karl

Well, we know what their first priority is, right?

--
Ed Huntress

Yup , the only thing they really care about is getting re-elected so they
can continue to ride the Gravy Train .
Professional politicians are *NOT* what our forefathers had in mind , in
fact this is the very thing they warned us about ... because they all too
readily start to think of themselves as a ruling class rather than a serving
class . "We're doing this to you for *our* own good" is much closer to the
mark ...
--
Snag
Learning keeps