Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
jloomis[_2_] jloomis[_2_] is offline

Default Choice of Impact Driver ?

I have a Black and Decker.
I use a Makita 18volt but that would not hold up long to successive
bolting.
I do like though, the "pre-drill" lags made and they do come in varying
lengths, and hardness.
Simpson makes those for attaching some of their ties.
The 10" length I have never looked into, although I have looked into 6"
length.
jloomisconstruction.com

"James" wrote in message

I am trying to choose an impact drill (driver) that can install 10 inch
Spax lag screws in pressure treated timbers. Although I would prefer a
corded model, I find very few corded models on the market. ( Am I being too
quick to want to shy away from battery operated models ?)

Has anyone here actually used an impact driver to install 10 inch lag screws
and if so, which driver did you use for the job ?

Thank you very much !!

James