Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Central Air "Top Up" Not Allowed?

On Jun 2, 5:48*am, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
wrote in message

On Wed, 1 Jun 2011 05:26:35 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On May 31, 8:59 pm, wrote:
On Tue, 31 May 2011 05:52:09 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"

wrote:

wrote
If the new owner wants new air it's HIS problem to fix it, as long as
you disclose that the central air is "there and functional for the
time being". (Assuming) You are selling the house at the price it
would sell for with no AC so if it works it's a bonus.

That is true, but. . . . . .

How does it really affect the selling price? *Let's say the new unit is
$6000. *What is the difference in selling price of the house with the
old
unit versus a brand new energy efficient unit? *Can you get your money
back?
Many people seem to want to just move in and have everything perfect,
not
have to lift a finger. *I've watched a couple of TV shows where people
rejected a house because of ugly paint in a room. *For $15 and an hour
labor, you get the color of your choice.

Anyone with any brains would never pay the cost of a newish
airconditioner more for a house just because it has a new ish air
conditioner. Putting a new one in under their name gets THEM the
warranty.

You have evidence that HVAC systems warranties are never
transferable? * Or even typically not transferable?

Generally transfwerring ANY warranty is a hassle.. Not saying it's
impossible - but it is seldom done without issues - and many
warrantees are either to the original owner, or transferrable for a
fee

With Trane, no registration I required so no hassle with a transfer.- Hide quoted text -

I agree, I think most of them base it off the serial numbers.
Sometimes registration will buy you some additional warranty. If
equipment sits around for a while the the warranty is supposed to
start with equipment start up.