Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Now Which Miter gauge??

On 6/1/2011 10:02 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=30603

Don't know if this DeWalt DW7470 is any good, but for $75 it might be.

Basicaly an Osbourn. I had an EB-2 Osbourne several years ago for a
couple of days. The concept is good but the execution has an inherant
flaw. The fence will swing to 45 degrees both ways. The telescoping
arm in its closed position, 45 degree setting is plenty sturdy. That
all goes out the window then going to the other 45 degree setting with
the telescoping arm extended to its extreme. The one I had and the
others in the store were very wobbly with the arm telescoped out. You
could easily grab the fence and move it back and forth.

Might explain why you can get the real MaCoy these days for under $100.
IIRC I paid about $180.