Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Choice of Impact Driver ?

On Jun 1, 8:00*pm, "James" wrote:
I am trying to choose an impact drill *(driver) that can install 10 inch
Spax lag screws in pressure treated timbers. * Although I would prefer a
corded model, I find very few corded models on the market. *( Am I being too
quick to want to shy away from battery operated models ?)

Has anyone here actually used an impact driver to install 10 inch lag screws
and if so, *which driver did you use for the job ?

Thank you very much !!

I used a 1/2" B&D impact driver to install a couple or three hundred
3/8" and 1/2" lag screws when sistering joists on a commercial job.
Worked great. Only caveat was that it could easily shear off the
head. Never used Spax so I can't comment on how those screws behave.