Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Flexible gas line

On 5/31/2011 6:41 PM, Jim wrote:
Looking to install a natural gas stove. Home currently uses a LP gas
bottle fed stove. City natural gas has been installed into the
residence. One section of black pipe has a cap allowing extending the
line to the kitchen.

Being an older structure the basement beams don't run symmetrical so
extending the black pipe is an option I'd like alternatives to. Flexible
CCST seems like a viable option. Gastite products appear to be in line
with what I'm considering.

What I haven't found is where do you get custom lengths produced?

What real difference does the symmetry of the basement joists have to do
w/ running the line? If you have access, how hard can it be? Is it
conventional construction or something unique?

All in all, the black iron is probably the homeowners' diy'ers' choice;
as always you'll have to check on local reqm'ts and limitations by the
gas company and civil jurisdiction on what's legal there.