Lawrence A. Ramsey

Default Bench Belt Sander?

I use a stationary belt sander constantly and rarely ever use qa disc
sander. The belt is MUCH better for maintaining a straight edge, is
good for quick rounding of corners on pieces and is just much more
useful to me for what I do. Why do you "need" a disc sander so
often???

]
On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 15:25:00 GMT, "Oregon" wrote:

I'm wanting to buy a good 12" disk bench sander, but I keep seeing the
combination disk / belt sanders. I can't figure out why a bench belt sander
would be of any use, unless I have a specific need to send wood across my
shop at very high velocity. I've already got several tools I use for that
purpose. Before I drop some dough on JUST a disk sander, can anyone
convince me that I need to have a bench belt sander as well? Thanks.
O.