Mark

Default Thoughts On Why We Are Getting Our Ass Kicked

Mark & Juanita wrote:

(someone else wrote)I picked up Amy Chua's "World On Fi How Exporting Free
Market Democracy Breeds Ethnic Hatred and Global Instability"
at the library today.

If the title is indicative of the content, that seems a singularly
self-centered, arrogant attitude: "we have freedom, but it would be
wrong to help other people achieve such freedom. They and the world are
so much better off under the thumbs of despotic rulers". Either that or
it is a whine for "... we should not have the freedom we do either, we
need a dictator to tell us what to do. i.e. a self-abasing work on how
too much choice and freedom are bad for the world -- but probably, of
course excluding the author, who by virtue of her unique and lofty
insights should be one of those telling the sheep what to do". Or, is
the title satirical?

First your point (?) is disjunctive. You seem to think the worlds made up of
either dictators or democracies. I assure you this is not the case.

If you wish to define democracy as having complete freedom then we all live in a
dictatorship. We are not free to do as we wish, in all things, even if it does
not effect others.

Second, you seem to believe Free Market Democracy is a one size fits all
solution. You seem to believe the entire world should embrace what you hold
dear. You assume these people want what you believe in.

Third, you seem to believe we are justified in forcing our beliefs on others.
What a marvel of arrogance.

Mark, for someone claiming to have the ability to see a 'big picture' you
certainly are myopic.

--

Mark

N.E. Ohio

Never argue with a fool, a bystander can't tell you apart. (S. Clemens, A.K.A.
Mark Twain)

When in doubt hit the throttle. It may not help but it sure ends the suspense.
(Gaz, r.moto)