Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default What percentage of machinists are conservative?

On 6/1/2011 8:58 AM, Tim Wescott wrote:
On 06/01/2011 08:33 AM, wrote:
Generally, occupations, where the final arbiter of truth is
aesthetics, are dominated by liberals.
Generally, occupations, where the final arbiter of truth is replicable
measurements, are dominated by conservatives.

I would assume that most dance choreographers are liberal.
I would assume that most machinists are conservative.

But here on rec.crafts.metalworking, I am reading some posts by
liberals who are interested in metalworking.
What gives here?
Are liberals just looking for forums to argue?

Or do you exemplify the fact that fundamentalist thinkers, whether
liberal or conservative, tend to oversimplify issues in their rush to
feel superior to everyone else?

When I'm with my conservative buddies I'm a wimpy bleeding heart
dangerous liberal.

When I'm with my liberal buddies I'm a knife-in-the-teeth, ranting,
dangerous conservative.

From which I conclude two things:

(A) I'm balanced.
(B) They're not.

I have the same thing happen to me frequently. Whenever I'm around a
bunch of real liberals they think I'm really conservative, but when I'm
around conservatives they think I'm a flaming liberal. When you are a
real liberal or conservative that doesn't happen. You fit in your group
and your anathema to the other. It used to be that moderates were the
majority. Now it seems middle of the roaders are hard to find.

Hawke