Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
anorton anorton is offline

Default What percentage of machinists are conservative?

wrote in message
Generally, occupations, where the final arbiter of truth is
aesthetics, are dominated by liberals.
Generally, occupations, where the final arbiter of truth is replicable
measurements, are dominated by conservatives.

I would assume that most dance choreographers are liberal.
I would assume that most machinists are conservative.

But here on rec.crafts.metalworking, I am reading some posts by
liberals who are interested in metalworking.
What gives here?
Are liberals just looking for forums to argue?

Stereotypes are a powerful propaganda tool for warping minds. Even if most
choreographers really are liberal, the propaganda comes from assigning
importance to this with the implication that this says something about the
manliness of the liberal view. The current right wing who propagate stuff
like this are far more dangerous than the current left.

As for "replicable measurments", my occupation has mostly involved improving
metrology for the semiconductor industry down to 0.001 nanometers (i.e.
subatomic level) in some cases.