Posted to alt.home.repair
The Ghost in The Machine The Ghost in The Machine is offline

Default any ideas for unwanted sand?

On May 31, 11:15*pm, mm wrote:
On Tue, 31 May 2011 22:41:55 -0400, Nate Nagel
wrote:

what to do with it? *Got four 75 lb. bags in my pickup truck left over
from winter. *No use for it. *Any ideas besides throwing it in the trash
bin @ the dump? *Am starting to use truck regularly and don't want to
rip bags/ make mess and the extra weight can't help mileage... *but now
while I have no use for them I also have no place to store until next
winter where the plastic won't degrade in the sun and/or be at risk of
being ripped.

Trying to think of some way to get rid of them, but new are so cheap
that I'm thinking that most people that *need* sand just go to stoneyard
and buy it...

nate

Give them away on Freecycle? *Give them away on Craig's list? * When
your block has a yard sale, give them away then?

Put a note on your work or church bulletin board or newsletter?

Put a sign at the front of your yard? *Take an illegal advertising
sign with an unprinted side, reverse it, and make your sign with an
indelible marker. * IF it will help, use one facing each direction and
one facilng the street.

Have your own yard sale and give it away then. *Put FREE on a sign in
front of the bags.

PLEASE M&Ms, GET BACK IN YOUR BAG.
BOOWAHAHAHA

TGITM