Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Strange day at Hell Depot

On May 31, 1:06*pm, Cindy Hamilton
wrote:
On May 29, 1:44*pm, Smitty Two wrote:

In article ,

*aemeijers wrote:
On 5/29/2011 11:34 AM, Smitty Two wrote:

In places where winter actually exists, you leave your groceries inside
the store after checkout, retrieve your car from the parking lot, pull
up into a large carport loading area, and they load your bags there..

Leave 75 bucks in groceries unattended while I pull the car around? Not
bloody likely. NorCal or whatever chain you are referring to must be
rather upscale. Around here, you have to pull the bags off the
merry-go-round as the checker fills them. If the full ones get all the
way around, they give you such a look. The ONLY people that get load-out
assistance are unaccompanied handicapped folk, and only if they ask for it.

$75? Who buys only one bag at a time?

But anyway, no, they're not "unattended." The store employees put them
in a large cart, with a numbered tag, which waits in a secure attended
area while you take your matching numbered tag with you so they give you
the correct lot of groceries once you retrieve your car.

I'm not the NorCal guy, and I'm not talking upscale. I'm referring to a
common practice in areas with real weather. You know, where it snows to
depths of feet, and rains enough to actually get things wet. You can't
very well navigate a shopping cart on a parking lot with a base of 2" of
ice, covered by 2' of snow.

Well, here in Michigan, we push our grocery carts out to the car and
load 'em ourselves. *The grocery store plows and salts the parking
lot,
so all we have to deal with is a little slush.

There's one place here that has the carport thing, but it's definitely
the exception.

It's just the opposite here in NY. They push the grocery carts out to
the car, and we have to plow and salt the lots.