Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Alarm System Contacts/ monster drinks

On Tue, 31 May 2011 18:35:40 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 5/31/2011 6:20 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Tue, 31 May 2011 08:17:40 -0500, wrote:

On 5/30/2011 11:25 PM,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

I understand all the ancient history. The more recent history of the church,
or at least portions thereof, are suspect.

Allusion too obtuse; whatever you're after, I don't grok...

Liberalization. Going away from the teachings of Christ. New age
gobbledygook. That's why she left the Methodists; they left her first.

Well, not sure there's a real departure there or not...Christ was a
pretty radical kinda' guy at the time...

"Radical" isn't a constant. Obummer calls Repubicans radicals.

I'm only slightly to the right of Genghis Khan as the saying goes, and
don't care that much about the central office direction either but out
here in the hinterlands individual congregations pretty much go their
own way; one of the features of the Methodist organization is that there
isn't a great deal of requirement for strict conformance to some set of
initiatives.

They don't in the East. It's their way or the highway. She chose the latter,
as did a rather large percentage of the congregation.

AFAIK, the official doctrine hasn't actually been changed much (altho I
don't go and read it regularly).

It is a regional thing, sure, but the central church allows it. She went from
there to a rather large congregational church (held five services on Sunday,
two in a movie theater, complete with popcorn and coffee , then to S.
Babtist (where she was brought up) after we moved to the South.

But, as I said earlier, everybody has to have their own interpretation
and do what they think bestest...I'm too traditionalist to bother to go
find somewhere different so just keep on keepin' on at same ol' place
where went as a kid since came back home after 30 year hiatus. Of
course, stuff has changed here demographically to the point that it's
now minority majority and the congregation is dwindling owing to simply
a reduction in the candidate population. I suppose it'll probably about
last my duration altho the smaller second congregation closed their
doors earlier this summer.