Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 20amp GFCI outlet on a 15amp circuit. melted wires

On Mon, 30 May 2011 22:18:26 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
" wrote:

On Mon, 30 May 2011 20:46:12 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
" wrote:

A "lead-free" reflow oven?

There is no lead in the process. Your point?

My point is that there is no damn difference between a reflow oven for
leaded solder and a reflow oven for RoHS solder. It's advertising
absurdity.

There actually is a difference. Temperature and control. RoHS takes more of
both. That's why they have as many as 12 zones (as ours does, though it's not
the one I linked). That many zones isn't necessary for a lead solder process.
The margin of error is almost zero with RoHS.

I think that's utter nonsense.

You're certainly welcome to believe what you want, but you can't have your own
set of facts. Sorry.

That's why we replaced the oven. Four zones wasn't enough to do RoHS
reliably. The RoHS process really is that tricky to do right.

You should learn something about the subject before spouting such nonsense.
Your continued defense is telling, though.