Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Central Air "Top Up" Not Allowed?

On May 31, 10:29*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Neat, I'd not heard about dry systems. Good thing I have a
pound or two of gas, left.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in

ERRRRRRRR! Wrong, manufacturers no longer ship systems
containing R-22.
We purchase and install new R-22 equipment referred to as
"dry" systems.
The equipment has no refrigerant in it. At the start of
Spring, I
installed a new condensing unit designed for R-22 for a
customer who
didn't need everything replaced. The condensing unit came
from the factory charged with nitrogen. The new equipment we
obtain from
the supply house has the new refrigerant R-410A and enough
is in
the new condensing unit for a matching evaporator and a
15-20foot line
set. My suppliers have a hard time keeping "new" dry R-22
equipment in
stock because of demand. :-)

TDD

ok, my bad. Sort of a symantics thing. There are not supposed ot be
any new complete r22 systems sold. Yes, you can buy every part of a
system.