Posted to alt.home.repair
Uno Uno is offline

Default subsurface for tiles half bath (shower)

On 5/30/2011 12:21 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Mon, 30 May 2011 12:18:55 -0600, wrote:

Use Hardibacker, or equivalent. Sheetrock is not intended to be used in wet
locations. Sheetrock is a little cheaper, sure, but do you want to do this
job again? I don't find Hardibacker that much more difficult than sheetrock,
just be a little more careful with the dust. Cutting it outside is good. ;-)

Thanks all for comments. Looks like we have a split decision. If you
were going with either hardibacker or cement board, which one would you
go with?

The tile might end at eye level. Would you only put hardibacker/cement
board behind the tile and have the exposed part as treated drywall anyways?
--
Uno