Posted to alt.home.repair
WandererFan WandererFan is offline

Default Central Air "Top Up" Not Allowed?

On May 30, 10:19*pm, wrote:
le snip

*He cannot "just" top up the R22 - but if he draws it down and leak
tests it, "finds" a leak and repairs it, he can still refill the
system - using your reclaimed R22 and whatever is required to top it
up.

At least that was the law last year in Ontario.

This is in fact, Ontario, so I guess the tech wasn't really fibbing.

Disappointing to hear the "dissing" of the tech in the replies,
though. We've used this local firm for a number of years for furnace
and a/c, although they weren't the original installer (gas company
promo). Aww well, guess it's like tools, good old names don't
necessarily mean good new tools.

Understand the issue about buyers wanting pristine move in condition.
Will take it into account of course. Plan was to have the plant
"serviced" just before listing so we could say everything works with a
clear conscience.

Personally, I'd rather buy the house a bit lower and choose my own
equipment. If I buy for the next guy, it's going to be the cheapest
package available, not the best.

C.