Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default NEED FREON 134A.......STILL OR, A REASONABLE FACSILIMIE

Gunner Asch on Mon, 30 May 2011 22:47:34 -0700
On Mon, 30 May 2011 21:45:21 -0700, "." wrote:

On 5/30/2011 9:04 PM, justme wrote:
Recently, I was whining about the central Texas heat and the price of
a 30 lb. jug of R-134A. Well, I got results in the form of all kinds
of suggestions and comments but I wound up being confused.

I sure would like a concrete suggestion as what to do instead of
spending my life's savings on a $200.00 30lb. jug of it from Sam's',
plus the cost of a membership.

I'll take a swag that the U.S. is the highest in the cost of Freon.

Thanks, US Gov't. NOT.

Joe

so, given solid evidence that flurochlorocarbons, specifically freon,
destroy the ozone layer and cause serious trouble, and given that after
banning the use of R-12 the hole largely healed, you feel that it's OK
to waste the stuff? And, by the way, 30 pounds is a lot - you can
compare your price to the UK - 410 grams for 10 pounds or 11.6 euros - I
think you will find your price is quite a bargain - quit whining

So no nym once again posts opinion with no facts based on truth or
actual scientific agreement.

And once again, we see a nameless idiot feeling that because
somewhere else has it worse, then "I" should not complain. OF course,
forgotten in all that moral equivalency, is that the nameless ones are
probably living far above the world standard of living, so they should
have no qualms if we reduced their ration to be more in line with
world norms.
I, on the other hand, do like living in a country were even the
poor are fat, own cars, houses (with air conditioning) , and wide
screen TVs.

toodles
pyotr
--