Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_30_] Mark[_30_] is offline

Default OT - cheap printer scanner copier

On Tue, 31 May 2011 03:38:10 -0700 (PDT), Andy Dingley
wrote:

On May 31, 10:47*am, Steve Firth wrote:

Indeed HP seem to be using Win7 as something of a culling-point for
printers they consider to be "too old" and not releasing drivers for
them, when in fact the Vista drivers work just fine ... given how many
years and Windows versions they've supported HP LaserJet III and above
that's pretty shoddy.

It's easy to work around that using a Linux box as a print sever.

Linux support from HP? You've got to be joking! Even when I worked
at Labs, using official HP RedHat (yes, not HP-UX), HP's driver
support was pitiful for anything that needed more than a basic port.

Linux is supported for my HP laser printer. For some reason they only
include Windows drivers on the supplied CDROM but you can download the
driver from the HP website. The driver works fine.

See http://h20195.www2.hp.com/V2/GetPDF....A0-9484EEE.pdf
--
(\__/) M.