Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default OT - cheap printer scanner copier

In article , Dave Baker
scribeth thus
Need to replace my 20 year old HP Laserjet printer and although I have a
scanner it's so old it only works with Windows 95 or 98 and not XP. A three
in one ink jet machine looks like the best option so any recommendations?

We bought a Canon MG6150 a couple of months ago. OK machine sure does
what it claims except we've almost paid as much for cartridges as we did
for the machine.

They are very small tiny things and don't last the proverbial 5 minutes.
Furthermore our local refilling place can't do them as yet.

We're seriously thinking of off loading this bit of crap and getting a
Laserjet before long..

And I thought the HP K8600 we had was a pain what with it paper jamming
every other time we use it, but the main reason for that was it does do
A3 size.

So anyone recommend a Colour Laserjet that works well and doesn't cost
its purchase price to run in a few months?.

And we'll get a separate scanner instead of the combined unit..
--
Tony Sayer