Posted to uk.d-i-y
gazz gazz is offline

Default OT - cheap printer scanner copier

wrote in message ...
On 30 May,
"Dave Baker" wrote:

Need to replace my 20 year old HP Laserjet printer and although I have a
scanner it's so old it only works with Windows 95 or 98 and not XP. A
three
in one ink jet machine looks like the best option so any recommendations?

Definitely not! Inkjets are a PITA, heads clogging and small capacity
cartridges.

hmmmm,
i have a lexmark all in one jobbie, wifi connected inkjet, cost me 50 quid
from morrisons a few years ago,

few minutes to set it upto the wifi network using the usb cable (can be
connected via usb if you dont want the wifi bit)
it does a print head excersise manouver every 4 or 5 days, and i've not
noticed it having any troubles printing cleanly when i need to use it, which
ranges from printing out 20 sheets a day, to one sheet a month,

the one i have is 3 colour and black, but you can get another 3 colour cart
that replaces the black one to give full 6 colour photo printing, and they
do standar and high capacity carts for it,
of course i dont use the genuine lexmark carts, as they are about 30 quid a
set, but some no name ones from tesco, the high capacity ones cost me about
17 quid a pair,

no stupid fake ink usage chips in the carts either (like epsons had, not
sure if they still do, but i got fed up of epsons clogging all the time and
having to buy a cart chip resetter to allow the full capacity of the ink to
be used, most carts i reset twice before it really ran out!!!)