Posted to alt.home.repair
RonB[_2_] RonB[_2_] is offline

Default OT.US car manufacturer finally moves into the 20th century.

On May 30, 9:27*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"Ralph Mowery" wrote

\

True, but the Simca, Fiat, Renault were not much better. *Datsun *was just
starting to show up. *VW was the most popular import and had a good
reputation. .

Simca. Forgot about that one. We had a Simca (don't remember year)
for a year or two. It was fun to drive and hell to work on because
parts were hard to find. Constantly rebuilding the clutch hydraulics
but aftermarket kits were available. Then came the day when I had to
replace a starter. Remove, bumper, bumper pan, radiator, and assorted
stuff. That was where the fun was overshadowed by desire to try
another toy car.

RonB