Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT.US car manufacturer finally moves into the 20th century.

"RonB" wrote in message
On May 30, 5:35 pm, Jim Yanik wrote:
"Ralph Mowery" wrote
:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote

You do see a few Corvairs,but none of the others. They were all crap.

--

Corvairs are easy to find. Just follow the trail of oil :^}

That is not sour grapes either. I rebuilt a '65 back in the early
90's and it was a great little car and fun to drive. But getting
those two halves of the engine to stop dripping was frustrating. It
really didn't require a whole lot of oil to be added - it was always
wet underneath. Standard equipment for early Corvair owners was a
large piece of cardboard for the garage floor.

RonB

Funny, but oil leaking was one problem I did not have. I put a clamping
accessory on the valve covers that spread the force and it was cured. OTOH,
I've had motor mounts break, generator bracket broke (twice), heat would not
shut off unless you blocked the vents. Fun car to drive though, it was a
Monza with red bucket seats.