Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
.[_16_] .[_16_] is offline

Default NEED FREON 134A.......STILL OR, A REASONABLE FACSILIMIE

On 5/30/2011 9:04 PM, justme wrote:
Recently, I was whining about the central Texas heat and the price of
a 30 lb. jug of R-134A. Well, I got results in the form of all kinds
of suggestions and comments but I wound up being confused.

I sure would like a concrete suggestion as what to do instead of
spending my life's savings on a $200.00 30lb. jug of it from Sam's',
plus the cost of a membership.

I'll take a swag that the U.S. is the highest in the cost of Freon.

Thanks, US Gov't. NOT.

Joe

so, given solid evidence that flurochlorocarbons, specifically freon,
destroy the ozone layer and cause serious trouble, and given that after
banning the use of R-12 the hole largely healed, you feel that it's OK
to waste the stuff? And, by the way, 30 pounds is a lot - you can
compare your price to the UK - 410 grams for 10 pounds or 11.6 euros - I
think you will find your price is quite a bargain - quit whining