Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default OT.US car manufacturer finally moves into the 20th century.

wrote in message
On Mon, 30 May 2011 18:06:28 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

The last one was a 74 GM product and I had to put two timing
gears in it and the transmission went out at 75,000. I have only bought
Toyotas for the last several cars. One went 100,000 with only standard
maint. Traded it off for a Camry and put 190,000 on it and only changed
one
sensor. Just put tires on a Tacoma truck at 45,000 and no unscheduled
maint.

Your experience is just with the '70s and '80s cars, then.

Glad RonB's wife has a better memory as to why not to go American than he
seemed to.

I hate to buy from another country,but if the American stuff is junk, I am
not about to help the big wheels in the US make the 100 million plus
dollars
a year for doing it

It's not junk, though. It certainly *was*, but that was more than 20
years
back.

I did not mention the one I inherited when my dad passed away. It was a
2000 Ford that he bought new. The ignition switch went out in about a
year. They repaired it by replacing all the locks. Then a week later the
driver door would not open. They repaired that. It got to where it would
not run right and after two trips to the Ford dealer, it was traded for a
new 2002 Camry.

Guess that was only 10 years ago.