Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default subsurface for tiles half bath (shower)

Uno wrote the following:
I'm at the point in a bathroom remodel where I'm gonna hang the walls
for a half-bath, that is, an enclosed shower. I live in Albuquerque,
where the relative humidity is usually near 20%, so a lot of the
things that happen in other places simply don't happen here.

The shower will be enclosed with tile. My question is whether treated
drywall will be alright as a subsurface, or will I live to regret
wanting to go that way? I find drywall easier to work with than
hardibacker, as well as cheaper.

What do you think?

Happy Holiday.

Green board (a waterproof gypsum board made for bathrooms). It doesn't
matter what the outside humidity is, the shower, and sink make their own
own humidity.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY