Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Wood Shop Redux (the old shop *is* the new shop) Part 2-Cheapplywood & recycled drawers

On 5/30/2011 8:42 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

Reminds me of a shop project I did where all the hardware came from
garage sales. I will never get prices like that again. If I recall
correctly, something like 25 drawer pulls for $3. Always good to save a
buck or two. Particularly in a shop.

Besides the "reclamation/recycle" aspect of this project, I decided to
use my Festool stuff for everything ... "no MSG, or table saw was used
in this product".

Even the PC557 (butt jointed with biscuits, glued and screwed the drawer
cabs, something I would never do to a client) hooked up to the CT22
without any adapters and the absence of sawdust is remarkable. I put the
Makita LS1013 on a Ridgid miter saw stand and used it outside only ...
the neighbors got that bit of sawdust. EG

That will, of course, change when the rest of my big iron shows up, but
it has gotten me to thinking about "in the shop" dust control for the
first time (it is ALWAYS a number one priority on a job site, however).

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010