Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ian Field Ian Field is offline

Default how to disassemble this AC Adapter?

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message
On Sun, 29 May 2011 20:21:40 +0100, "N_Cook"
wrote:

First is to remove any sticky labels that may cover a securing screw.

Good idea. However, I have yet to see such a screw on any laptop
power supply that I've torn apart. There usually isn't any room for
the required plastic pylon inside. There is also some safety rule
(double insulated???) that requires that the unit NOT create a shock
hazard by allowing the user to open the case.

They often pour potting resin in the screw recess to hide the screw head and
make it nigh impossible to get at.