Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Alarm System Contacts/ monster drinks

Sounds like an interesting compromise. At least they are
Christians. Are Methodists Christian?

I don't totally understand the word of wisdom. I don't much
worry about it, someday will be explained to me. Studies
come and go. Some studies may say coffee is benficial, but I
have more trust in the word of the Lord on the matter.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"dpb" wrote in message
On 5/30/2011 6:45 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've been LDS for 20+ years, and carry a current temple
reccomend. Every leader I've talked to says cola / sodas
are
personal choice. That cola / soda pop is not prohibited.
I'm
quite fond of generic diet cola. Stars and Stripes brand
from Dollar Tree.

The "word" based on what I could find at the lds.org site
seems to be
based on the "commonsense" definition of what's good/bad for
the body
(which somewhat surprised me; from what had been told by
those w/ whom
had most contact I thought there was a specific prohibition
on caffeine).

That being so, there's an apparent contradiction on the "hot
drinks" of
the original proscription being coffee and tea since both
(and
especially the latter) are often served cold in which case
the original
wouldn't seem quite accurate.

OTOH, given the apparent recasting, what about the recent
studies that
indicate there are actually beneficial results from coffee
on various
onset rates for disease? That would seem to lift the
"ban"...

Ah, what tangled web we weave...

On a side note, grandfather was raised in LDS, when married
she was from
Irish Roman Catholic branch. Neither having a congregation
where
settled in SW KS, they "compromised" and raised all the kids
as
Methodists.